A broadcast is a type of live-stream that you can initiate from inside your Namastream site. A broadcast live-stream, allows you to "broadcast" out to your students. They can see and hear you (of course!) but you cannot see them and they cannot see each other. This is much like Facebook Live.
You can add a broadcast live-streaming event to any product (memberships, and courses) you create inside Namastream. You need to first create and schedule the broadcast session inside the calendar. Here's a step by step guide on how to create a broadcast live-stream event.
HOW TO CREATE A BROADCAST LIVE-STREAM
To create an event navigate to "Calendar" > "Events" and click the "+ ADD EVENT" button.
After clicking the Add Event button, you will be able to add relevant details about your event and set the schedule.
HOW TO START YOUR BROADCAST
When you are ready to initiate the broadcast head back to the "Calendar" tab, select the specific event, and click "Broadcast Via Browser".
Once you initiate your broadcast, the live-stream window will open as seen below.
- To create a recording: the default is set to record the session. If you want a recording, check the "Start Recording" box in the bottom left corner.
- Camera and mic: turn your camera on and off by clicking the icons in the bottom left corner.
- Chat Box: your students can chat during your live stream by clicking the top right chatbox.
HOW TO END YOUR BROADCAST
Click the red phone icon in the bottom left corner to end the session. If you do not End Session, your recording will not appear in your media library. If you close the tab or close your laptop, you will not have the saved recording.
If you End Session during the session, you must return to the calendar and click on "Start session" again to start a new session.
WHERE DO I ACCESS THE RECORDING?
After you're finished and the session has ended, the recording of your session will be in your media library. You can now put it in any of your products.
My video is not in my media library?
- Depending on how long the live-stream was, it can take a few minutes to appear.
- Your recording will not appear if you did not click "Start Recording" while you were live-streaming.
- Your recording will not appear if you did not click the red phone icon in the bottom left corner to end the session and instead closed the browser tab or closed your laptop.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂