PRE-SELLING THROUGH YORU NAMASTREAM SITE
** for Stripe users only **
Let's say you want to pre-sell your monthly membership in December 2018 and plan on launching the membership in January 2019.
Create and Sell the Membership
1. Create your monthly membership product and share the product link with your students.
2. Students will click the link, purchase the membership. This creates a monthly subscription within Stripe.
Pro-Tip: Consider adding one video of you thanking and welcoming them into the membership. Describe what's coming and when it officially starts. You may even want to give a single video (if you have one) as a teaser of what's to come.
Adjusting in Stripe
If a student purchased on December 1, they would normally be charged on January 1. Because you are pre-selling and the launch doesn't happen until January 1, you don't want them to be charged until February 1 (they've paid for January in December) so you need to delay their payment by 30 days by adding a trial in Stripe.
- Open your Stripe account and find the student.
- Scroll down to their "Active Subscriptions".
- Click on the three dots and select "Edit Subscription"
4. Once inside the subscription, scroll to "Products" and click on "Add Trial"
5. Add 30 days trial and that will delay your student from being charged for 30 days.
PRE-SELLING OUTSIDE OF NAMASTREAM